Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Bored? Watch These Show Part Two



This show is very popular, and I don’t see any reason why it shouldn’t be. Chuck Lorre, the producer of this show, also Two and a Half Men, Mike and Molly, and other past hits has mastered the modern sitcom. The Big Bang Theory takes jabs on geek culture and surprisingly, people love it.


I think that it was better in the previous seasons; I now believe that becomes the case when a show becomes successful. It’s still interesting and very funny. Kudos to the cast for making the characters very believable, I hope this show can make more interesting scenarios and story lines. Long live the geek!


 
I’ve been a fan of late night TV ever since I was a kid. I’ve watched The Late Show on Fridays and Saturdays (because I was the only kid on my class who had a curfew) and I liked it, David Letterman was very entertaining. When I became older I was bored watching David, he wasn’t funny enough for me, I wanted him to be funny, but he wasn’t cutting it for me. Then I switched to Conan and I was opened up to another show that was different, it’s sillier and I loved it.



I was coco for Coco, and then I realized I was getting bored. I really feel that he works really hard to entertain people but the jokes in his monologues are not funny. Most of the time he jokes about his jokes not being funny enough, “I’ll get you this time” he often says. I’ve looked for other late night shows and watched most of them, at least a few episodes. I’ve watched Stewart, Colbert, Fallon, Kimmel, and yes, even Leno, though most of them are funny, only one show kept me coming back for more.



I really believe that Craig Ferguson is the best late night show of today. He challenges the norm of late night talk shows and brings forth a fresh take on what is normally done. And he really is funny, his jokes are really well made and I tip my hat to the writers for that. He has a sidekick named Geoff Patterson that could have his own show. I’ll say it again, this is the best late night talk show, give it a chance, you’ll never be sorry.


Although I love this show, it’s getting pretty long, and I wish it would end soon. But if you haven’t watched it yet, I highly suggest you “buy” your copies now, all of the previous 6 seasons. I’ve written a different article about HIMYM, you can read it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment