Sunday, October 30, 2011

PS Vita, Epic or Epic Fail?

If you’re a Sony geek like me, you’re probably excited for the PS Vita. But looking at the promotional video, nothing is really revolutionary about the Vita, or ultimately, Sony. PS Vita boasts its gyroscopes, touch screen, and better graphics, but that is so last year. The “pinch” ability is a nice touch but what if it turns to be a real pain the ass?

This is just a combination of previous technologies, upgraded, and added social networking capabilities because people are now on the internet 24/7. 

One thing that is good about Sony though is the list of games it has for the Vita, something the Nintendo 3DS lacks. The price is also cheaper compared to the 3DS but are these reasons enough to lure customers? I’m really a Sony fan and I’ll buy this handheld (if I can) because of loyalty, and Final Fantasy, but I really hope that this handheld blows me away.

Will this handheld fill the gap the 3DS made, or will the Vita be overshadowed by smart phones next year?  

1 comment: