Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Real Deal on Real Steel

"Kiss me quick, I'm Wolverine."

Most of my friends kept asking me, “Have you seen Real Steel?” I always said no before and it made me feel stupid. They kept bugging me about it so it gave me the impression that it was a good film. When someone tells me that a movie is good, I always set the bar a little lower so I don’t end up disappointed. Segue, I got my popcorn and my big ass bottle of filtered water; bought a ticket and sat down, saw the film and now you have a movie “review”.

  1. Number 1, please don’t kick my seat teenage couple behind me, It’s distracting and I can feel it, I'm not a fighting robot.
  2. Secondly (I think the numbering is redundant), if you’re a group of three male college students, don’t talk aloud. Hang up the phone, and put it on silent mode.
  3. Have you seen the vein on Hugh Jackman’s right bicep? It’s like the trifecta of bicep veins. Never have I seen veins that big on somebody’s bicep, maybe the neck, but never on the freaking biceps, biceps.
  4. How did an eleven year old Caucasian boy drag a thousand pounds of robot metal up the cliff?

Overall, the movie was predictable, full of clichés, and entertaining. Yes, I was entertained. Even though the movie was in between the very fine line of simple and stupid, I found it enjoyable. I give it 5 out of 8 bicep veins.

No comments:

Post a Comment